} -->

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison


Half-human and half-Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul






Photobucket
Rhonda's Thoughts:


  I was in the mood for some good PNR, or urban fantasy. Well, along comes this little book that everyone is reading, loving, and gushing over, including some of our favorite authors. So I figure, “what the heck” let’s give it a go. So I’m all excited, and can’t wait to dig into this tempting little treat, and my expectations are now high to start with.

So I start reading this book, and I’m liking the writhing, it’s working for me. WOAH!! Suddenly I’ve run into a BIG problem, and It’s a big problem for me. You see, I have issues with these kinds of stories that involve the real world. I don’t like it when humans know about all the magic. So now I have a mental block with this book, and I’m not digging it. I was pissed off for having spent the money, and having to read this book!

Damnedy damnit, color me happy, because about 100 pages in, my feelings for this book turned to LOVE!!! Yes, Thea Harrison made me eat every last negative word I said, and I enjoyed every mouthful!! LOL! I love Harrison’s story telling, creativity, and the life she brought to her characters. This is likely the most fun book I’ve read this year.

I’m not going to go into the plot here, it started with a penny and ended with a peanut. Read the blurb. What I do want to go into is the characters who were simply fantastic, they totally made this book. It was filed with goblins, faeries, and different kinds of wyr creatures.

Dragos Cuelebre is a dragon that shape shifts into human form. He is pretty much as old as time, and the most powerful, and feared creature in the world. Over thousands years, he has acquired the outrageous wealth and status to go along with that reputation of his. But being surrounded for hundreds of years by employees that caters to his every demand, or desire. This is the life he is accustom to, and apparently finds no issue with it until he meets Pia Giovanni. Pia has found is treasure trove of items he has collected over the years, gotten through all the wards, and locks that were supposed to be impossible to get through, and stolen from him. This puts Dragos in a tailspin of of rage. Determined to find his thief, and pass judgment himself, he finds himself Intrigued more that anything. Intrigued by the fact that the thief was able to find his hidden cache, but was able to actually get to it, and most of all, he’s intrigued by her scent that was on the note she left behind. Then he realizes just how bored, and lonely he’s been his whole life.

I really liked Pia from the beginning with her sassiness, and snappy sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at herself. And I was glad to see she could kick ass too. Pia was raised by her mother who was full Wyr, and Pia is half Wyr, half human. Being to taught her whole life not to form attachments to others, or material possessions, to be able to drop her life and run for self preservation. Because if anyone ever found out what she is, she would be the most hunted person in the world. Pia doesn’t even know what she is, and has led a lonely life, and having a constant desire to belong. And having been betrayed by her human ex-boyfriend, it’s difficult for her to trust.

When Dragos, and Pia collide, (literally) the wheels are set in motion for a crazy and fun ride. And together they are SMOKIN’ HOT! I absolutely loved these two together.

Now there is also a fabulous cast of secondary characters that I’m sooo looking forward to reading about in future books. Tricks, Rune, Aryal, and Graydon, *Thud*, I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for his story. But Tricks Story should be HELLA FUN!!

 

3 comments:

Sebella Blue said...

I'm glad you took the plunge! I was late getting into the Wyr groove as well and became utterly addicted. Great review.

Debra Anastasia said...

I love your reviews. You are honest, compelling and kind. <3

Bark At The Ghouls said...

I loved this one, so glad you did too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...