} -->

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Praise goes out to our top reviewer - Rhonda

This was posted by CJ Roberts today and I cannot let it past without sharing it with everyone.We love you Rhonda, keep up the good work.

 

 

1/2/12 The New Year is off to an amazing start: New reviews, New friends, and A New lease on awesome


I recently got a little misty-eyed when I read a review from 'Rhonda' on Goodreads. There have been some pretty incredible reviews of Captive in the Dark these last few months, but for some reason, Rhonda's review just affected me. Perhaps one of my readers said it best when she replied, "...She hit every nail on the head with this review. Amazing with a capital 'A'". I felt exactly the same.

So, that being said, I had to get in touch with Rhonda and let her know how much I appreciated the review. To my surprise, Rhonda is a bit of a writer herself and reviews are her strong point (SURPRISE). We've been talking for days! I'm always overwhelmed by the spirit of community embodied in the indie movement. People helping people for no other reason than they can. Rhonda didn't just review my book, she posted it on her website, she invited other bloggers to contact me and review my work, she invited me to guest blog, she tweeted about me! And what did she ask for in return? Nothing.

But she deserves so much more than nothing. And so here I am, writing about her, tweeting about her, and telling you all how amazing she is. Personally, I'm just glad to have made such a good friend.

I've met so many wonderful people online in the last few months, some of them I communicate with on a regular basis. I've never been so glued to Facebook in my life!

Speaking of new friends, I recently published Sin City: Six Scintillating Stories with five other talented writers: T.S. Addison, Anthony Beal, Daisy Dunn, Rushmore Judd, and Nikki Palmer. All of them are in indie writers and all of them bring something new and appealing to the table. When I first thought of putting this anthology together, I didn't know what to expect. Not because I doubted the talent, but because writers can be some of the biggest procrastinating, ego-maniacal people you'll ever know (myself included, lol). But honestly, they BLEW ME AWAY. Each of them has become a friend, someone I respect, and someone I look up to. They have taught me more about my craft and about myself. The past six months has been made all the more wonderful because I know them.

Check out the new review of Sin City, HERE.

And don't forget to visit Sam, Elena, and Rhonda's Awesomeness blog, HERE

My heart is swollen with gratitude and I have all of you to thank for it. 2012 is going to be an amazing year.




TO SEE THIS POST AND MORE PLEASE VISIT
http://www.aboutcjroberts.com/index.php/news.html

4 comments:

Admin said...

You guys are...well...awesome!

Unknown said...

See? Rhonda, your awesomeness is spreading! I knew eventually someone else would love you half as much as me. :) You are touching our lives one review at a time. Thank you!

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Go Rhonda!

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more. Team awesome rocks! Love you guys.

Jean Murray

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...