} -->

Saturday 8 September 2012

Forever and a Day (#6) By Jill Shalvis

 LOVE CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT.
Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s loveable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy single dad…

With so many people depending on him, Josh has no time for anything outside of his clinic and family–until Grace arrives in town. Now this brainy blonde is turning his life inside out and giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “good bedside manner.” Josh and Grace don’t know if what they have can last. But in a town like Lucky Harbor, a lifetime of love starts with just one day…


Sam's Review:


I have to get this off my chest; this was by far the best book in the Lucky Harbour series so far. I feel head over heels for this story from page one. It wasn’t a story that I was desperately anticipating and dying top read but once I started I couldn’t stop. Jill Shalvis made these two characters feel the most ‘real’ out of all her characters yet. I wasn’t expecting to fall for Dr. Josh Scott and his wickedly charming ways, or his bratty kid or the antichrist dog Tank but I did and I'm sorry Ford and Jax but it’s over between us. Grace was a breeze in character that I never paid much attention too but she had so much more depth than what was first let on.

Obviously the story focuses on Josh and his very crazy family life and severely demanding job as town doctor and newbie to Lucky Harbor, Grace Brooks. These two literally accidentally cross paths when Josh needs a dog, baby sitter and Grace just falls into his lap and into his life.

I loved that neither denied their chemistry from the get go. They both declared they wanted each other, but typically knew that it would be in their best interest to avoid going down that path. Well what happens when you don’t scratch that itch??? Yeah, needless to say it took a little longer than usual for Shalvis to serve up Josh and Grace on a platter but when she did, it was sensational and hot and beautiful.

These two are two very different people who ended up needing each other to make their lives work; everything about these two and the book was the perfect setup. I love how in this series I can pick up the book and know I will still see all the characters from the past books and still get glimpses into how their lives are going.
It’s the book I recommend to someone who wants an easy romance read without having to think too hard, or get to upset but at the same time can pull on all your heart strings.

I know this is not the last from this series, but my question is; who is going to get lucky in Lucky Harbor next?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...