} -->

Friday 28 September 2012

The Mighty Storm By Samantha Towle

The Mighty Storm  It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?



Holly's Review:

You know, I keep asking myself what is not to love about a story about a sexy tattooed rockstar??? I really can't come up with anything! But this books is seriously about so much more. We have a friends to lovers story, a love triangle and lots, and lots of drama!

Now, a love triangle story kinda gets me nervous to read, especially when to tend to like all of three people and know you are going to root for the love of the hero and heroine, but that said I hate when someone gets hurt and you know that with any well written story you are going to hurt for the person left behind. No matter who they are. But that is the mark of a really well written story, right? Feeling the pain and pleasure right along with the characters.

Jake and Tru were best friends growing up and when Jake moved to the states and time passed they lost touch, as it happens sometimes but they never forgot each other. If fact Tru was madly in love with Jake when they were younger and finds herself nervous at the thought of having to face him after all this time when she is commissioned to interview him for the magazine she works for.

The interview is a success along with a lets catch up dinner and the next thing Tru knows, she finds herself touring with the band and writing Jake's biography. Now, you tell me how, even with a girl who has a wonderful boyfriend she loves is going to resist the pull of her first love??

I never knew it was possible to love men at the same time.
But I do. I love Will and Jake.
I just love Jake more, and that means I will have to let Will go.


I can't tell you how many times in this book I found myself full on crying. It is incredibly emotional and I loved every minute!!





2 comments:

The Brunette Librarian said...

I am about a third of the way through this right now and am really enjoying it - I'm at the part where she's getting ready to go on tour with the band. Super cute so far!


The Brunette Librarian's Blog

Rhonda D said...

I love when a book is so emotional that you have to cry. Sometimes you just need a good cry. My dh makes fun of me all the time for crying at books. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...