} -->

Monday 15 October 2012

My Favorite Mistake By Chelsea M. Cameron


My Favorite Mistake
Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.


4.25-4.5 Stars

I hated him. I hated how he got under my skin. I hated how, for a second, I thought about pushing him up against the library and making out with him.

The blurb for this book included the following description for our Hero: “Tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy.” Oh yea. With those seven words, I was immediately sold. Shocker, I know (lol). So as soon as this book came out, I was all over it.

The first time I met Hunter Zaccadelli, I punched him in the face.

Above is the first line of the book. It’s pretty telling, isn’t it? As soon as Taylor met Hunter, you knew sparks were just going to fly between the two and did they ever. The banter between the two was non-stop for at least the first 42% of the book. God, the tension build up was, at times, excruciating. I was ready to burst if nothing happened between the two. I blamed Taylor, but part of me feels guilty for doing so.

One event in the past has changed Taylor. She was never the same. This one traumatic event has prevented her from forming relationships, especially with men. She was known as an ice queen in high school. This is one tough woman and doesn't take shit from anyone, especially from someone like Hunter Zaccadelli.

“You are the cockiest, douchebaggy asshat I’ve ever met, and I can’t wait to get rid of you.”

When Hunter shows up at her doorstep, claiming he’s her new roommate, Taylor is not happy. It didn’t matter that her other two roommates were women, having the third be a man, especially as appealing as Hunter, was out of the question. To make things worse, there’s only two bedrooms and since her other roommates were already bunking with each other in the one, guess who will be sharing her bedroom with? Ugh! I’m so jealous of Taylor for having such luck. I mean come on!! She’ll be sharing a room with Hunter. **SIGH** It’s every girl’s dream, except for Taylor’s. She wants nothing more than to get rid of him, but he’s not going anywhere.

Before he could move closer, I pulled back and slammed my fist into his jaw and my knee into his groin. He doubled over, clutching his face and his balls.

It’s safe to say, Hunter has never met a girl like Taylor. She pushes his buttons and calls him on all his shit. There was no way in hell he was going to leave, not until he finds out more about her. However, he does strike a deal with her.

  “I am what I am. If you don’t like it, there’s a simple way out of it. You have three options. Hate me, love me, do me. Pick your poison” 

  Since "doing him" was out of the question, Taylor must outright convince him that she either loves him or hates him. Otherwise, he's not going to leave. However, no matter how she verbally declares her hatred, it’s not enough to convince him. Hunter is here to stay.

“Goodnight, Hunter.”
“Love me?”
“Nope.”
“Hate me?”
“More than the DMV.”
“Ohhh, burn.”


I loved the banter between the two. I love their chemistry. Most of all, I love Hunter. Let me count the ways:
1.) I love how Hunter nicknamed her “Missy.”
2.) I love the fact that he sleeps naked.
3.) I love all his five tattoos.
4.) I love how he rubs a certain tattoo three times when he gets nervous.
5.) I love all his neurotic OCD tendencies (Trust me. I know exactly how that feels).
6.) I love that that he plays guitar, sings and even writes silly songs.
7.) I love the fact that he can cook a gourmet meal.
8.) I love the fact that he believes in luck and how superstitious he can get.
9.) I love that he never gives up on her and was there for her when she needed him.

I’m sure if I sit here long enough, I can think of more, but you get the picture. I really liked this story. Like I said before, the only drawback is that it took them FOR-EV-ER to get together and I wish there was a little more background on why Hunter was so superstitious. I never caught that reason. But anyway, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that Hunter sleeps naked. Wait. What? Whoops, did I just say that again? **Blushes** Huh. I guess I did. My mistake. lol




1 comment:

Thessamari said...

Isn't it the best thing EVER?! One of the many things I love about him ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...