} -->

Saturday 13 October 2012

The Last Girl By Kitty Thomas

The Last Girl

Six years ago strangers broke into Juliette’s house; she was home alone and only thirteen. She kept her eyes closed, praying that if she didn’t see anything, she wouldn’t be killed. No one harmed her. In fact, one of the thieves protected her. Now Juliette’s dreams are haunted by him.

Christian has waited to take her, resisting the urge each night. It always ends badly with human pets. They’re too fragile. The longer he can wait, the better, because the moment he takes her, the clock on her life starts ticking down.

Then she’ll be gone forever.

Warning: This book is dark erotica meant for a mature audience only.


Holly's Review:


  I can't begin to express how much I enjoy the amazingly dark and complex stories from Kitty Thomas. At times I have even questioned if it is alright for me to enjoy them so much because they can be so dark and disturbing. I find myself coming back to the same answer, even if the story is hard to take, if the characters won't leave me be then the author has done her job!

As much as I was immediately drawn into the story of Christian and Juliette, it scared me at times. I don't scare easily but this one....holy crap, let me just say I still can't stop thinking about it.

When Juliette was thirteen years old strangers broke into her home, they didn't hurt her and she was inexplicably drawn to one of the intruders. She never opened her eyes and believed that was why they didn't harm her. Little is she aware that although Christian didn't harm her then that he has waited and watched for six years. Now that he feels she is old enough, he decides it's time to take her and make her his pet. He tells her right from the start he is absolutely going to hurt her and will eventually kill her, it always ends badly with his human pets.

The problem is he never expected to love her, while you might think this is a good thing you couldn't be more wrong! I loved the ending of this book, I don't think it could have been more perfect.

As I have said before there is nothing feel good about KT's stories, they are dark, gritty and edgy - but IMO they are amazing storytelling and at times leave you breathless! 










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...