} -->

Friday 29 March 2013

Falling Into You By Jasinda Wilder

Falling Into You  I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.


Holly's Review:

5++ FANTASTICALLY EMOTIONAL STARS!!!!

“I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell. I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are. Like you said, it’s scary in a way, but it’s also the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. You are the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced.” ~Colton

Ok, did you not just feel all of the butterflies in your belly take flight?? OMG that statement just melted me!

This book totally ran the gauntlet of emotions for me! You know, just humming along loving the newly discovered love between best friends Nell and Kyle, watching them grow, fall in love, experience sex for the first time together...beautiful and then BAM! Kyle gets ripped away and Nell is left a broken mess! Between the pain and the guilt, albeit, totally unfounded guilt, she just can't seem to recover or move on.

Enter Colton...whom I have to say I loved even more than Kyle, I know, stop booing me for that, I just have a weakness for the bad boys. We really aren't even aware of Colton until Kyle dies and he is Nell's little bit of comfort at the funeral. But they are both in pretty bad shape.

Fast forward a couple of years and we find Nell and Colton chance meeting in New York. Colton has a nice little life carved out for himself, albeit, a hard earned life but simple and wonderful nonetheless. Only problem is he has never forgotten Nell and here she is again. Another melting moment for me was there meeting again in New York where they didn't speak a single word to each other simple sang and played there guitars to each other(you will have to read the book to get me on this one!)

As they try to make some kind of life, possibly together, they both have so many issues to over come but this story is written in such a way that the beauty of how they help each other is amazing! Nell feels guilty for wanting and eventually loving Colton, like she is betraying Kyle and trying to replace him! I wanted to scream at her because could she seriously not see that she was not replacing one for the other, they couldn't be more different!! She loved Kyle but was crazy combustible for Colton~Oh, and did I forget to mention their sex? IT WAS SMOKIN' HOT!! Oh mama, still fanning myself a little! :)

"… when you feel that kind of all-consuming need for someone, a person you’d do fucking anything for, no matter what? They’re in your fucking skin, in your soul, like the essence of who they are is imprinted on you so completely like the very air you breathe… That’s love.”


This is my first Jasinda Wilder book and it definitely won't be my last! She totally rocked my world with this one :) 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVED this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...