} -->

Monday 11 March 2013

On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5) by Karina Halle

When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart in a heated battle against her deep need for revenge, no one will walk away from this con a winner.

This novella takes place six years before Sins & Needles. It can be read before or after Sins & Needles and may also be read as a standalone.







Rhonda's review


“ I need you. I need you to believe in me. I need your love to make me feel like I can be redeemed.-Javier

( Ramon Rodriguez)
My Javier

After finishing Sins & Needles by Karina Halle, I was intrigued by Javier, and wanted to know more about him. In On Every Street, that's exactly what I got. (purrrrrrr) Javier was just as yummy as I thought he would be. However this story was doomed from the start, because any relationship that's built on a lie can't end well. Having already read Sins & Needles, I knew how this story would end, but I got to experience the journey through the eyes of Eden White, (Ellie Watt).

There was so much working against these two, starting with Eden's con, Eden's revenge, Eden's ghost. Never did she plan to fall for her mark, and fall hard she did! Javier seemed to fall just as hard. Javier is a criminal, and very possessive, to the point of being a bit creepy at times. Javier was fun at times and very intense in his feelings for Eden. Eden completely lost herself in Javier, and lost sight of her goals. Then Eden's world comes crashing down around her because of Javier's betrayal. 

Karina Halle did an incredible job of putting me right in Eden's head, and at the same time getting Javier Bernal's character across in Eden's POV. I have to admit, I really enjoyed Javier, and not only that I got to know Eden (Ellie) more and understand and like her more. I understand why Eden fell for him, I would have too. Even though I knew how this would end, I felt like I took this journey right along with Eden, and my heart broke right long with hers.

For the readers that have already read Sins & Needles, this is a wonderful treat that will give you more insight into Javier and the dynamics of their relationship. For those that haven't you can read either book first, one doesn't take away from the other, Just pick one and enjoy! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...