} -->

Monday 10 June 2013

Safe Word by Teresa Mummert


A chance meeting with a stranger can turn your entire world upside down. 
When Colton ‘Colt’ Bishop enters a bar in New York City, he has a plan. His job is to find an easy target and take her back to his place for a few days. He is working his way up the crime ladder doing a job he never wanted.
Lily Hilton has it all, but is hiding from a troublesome past. When she enters a bar downtown, and runs into her old high school crush, her entire world is turned upside down. She is determined to make him notice her, but that plan may work better than she expects. 
Colton does not hesitate to take Lily home and use her as his new pawn, but their past begins to catch up with them as their secrets unravel and he must decide what is more important to him, protecting Lily or himself.


Holly's Review

I was so incredibly excited for this book that I actually pre-ordered it, which is really something I never do unless it is a long awaited sequel or something like that. But this book intrigued me from the moment that I read the first teaser, only I have to say that it was actually NOTHING like what I though it was. Needless to say I really enjoyed it!!

My only real complaint is having a bit of a hard time understanding what everyone's real deal was, but then I guess that was the way the author intended.

When Rose/Lily comes back into Colt/Cole's life it is kind of a crazy, confusing roller coaster at first. You know they have a prior friendship but that is really it. The entire book bounces back and forth so that you can get an idea of why both of them are as fucked up as they are now. As I said it could be a bit confusing at moments but when I finished and sat and though about it, I couldn't deny it was a great story! I am just going to give everyone a heads up though because like me, with a title like Safe Word, you may naturally assume this is a BDSM novel, it is not. Don't get me wrong, there is quite a it of Hot Sex and Colt is quite the Alpha with Rose but that is where that ends. The 'safe word' is from when they were children(that's all I'm giving you) :)

The thing that really made this book for me though was the Epilogue!! Kudos to you Ms Mummert! I know not all authors put them in but some books simply need them and this was one!! LOVED THE EPILOGUE(and the whole rest of the book, of course)!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...