} -->

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1)Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….


His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 


On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?


Holly's Review:

Holly Leffler

You know when you pick up a new book with a beautiful cover by an author you really enjoy and are excited about the story 'cuz it looks awesome and you forget to check out whether it has a DAMN CLIFFHANGER?? Yeah, that was me last night! :)

This book was really good though, despite the cliffhanger. This was kind of a different twist on the young, hot, billionaire story. A little, not a lot. One of the things I really enjoyed about this book was that the mystery goes on and on. 

Amy is running from something or someone - we still don't really know but the beginning of the story finds her dropping her new life and running with a new identity that some mysterious, unknown handler provides her. She heads to the airport where she meets Liam Stone! Let me just stop here and say....Where the FUCK are these smokin' hot guys when I am traveling and at the airport...huh???

I mean, how can you not fall in love with a man who say's things like this...

"How high you stand isn't as important as how magnificent you are." 

This is probably my favorite line from this book, it's beautiful!!

Anyway, sorry, got a bit off track - Liam and Amy end up in first class side by side seats and the fun begins! Liam decides he wants Amy, BAD!! And HOLY CRAP this man does not take no for an answer!! 

So it goes and their affair begins, all the while Amy is trying to convince herself she should run to keep Liam safe but Liam hangs on tight. 

This book leaves you with a zillion questions but the good news is it's only a couple months until the next book and it looks like book 2 is the conclusion!! Yay - I guess I can forgive the cliffhanger then. :)
This was a great story and I highly recommend it!! 

***This book was provided to me as an ARC by Netgalley



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...